Richardson & Richardson Attorneys at Law
Historically The Blue Gable
Restoration / Expansion
This building was originally constructed in 1932 for the Colonial Oil Company of Norfolk, Virginia, a distributor for Pure Oil Company, by a company contractor specializing in service station construction.*
The renovation included removing the back half of the building from the roof ridge line and adding about 2000 sq. ft. of office space to the existing 400 sq. ft. service station footprint. Glazed masonry units were used in the wall, above the eave line, to visually relate the addition to the glazed tile roofing of the original building.
* The Historic Architecture of New Bern and Craven County, North Carolina. Peter B. Sandbeck, The Tryon Palace Commission New Bern, North Carolina. 1988.